Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Galveston, Texas

Before I began photographing people on a regular basis, I photographed the world around me.  I always picture that this is how most photographers start out.  When you first begin, you start thinking there is nothing interesting to photograph where you live. But after you learn to view the world as the camera views it...you realize there are beautiful images waiting to be captured everywhere!

Galveston is a wonderful place for capturing anything from nature to architecture, to people and everything in between.  Even your next ferry trip can be a photographic adventure as was mine on this day.  Take a drive to parts of Galveston you haven't been before.  For me, it was Bolivar Peninsula, a place ravaged by hurricane Ike.  However, this lighthouse has stood the test of time and managed to make it through several huge hurricanes.  I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed taking them.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to go photograph Galveston now after the Hurricane...such tragedy but such beauty at the same time.

    ReplyDelete