Monday, April 11, 2011

League City: Bluebonnet Mini-Session: Children

I was so glad the month of April was finally here to do some stunning bluebonnet sessions.  I had been given a tip and also read on another blog that there was a great field of the official flower of Texas right here in League City.  Unfortunately, the bluebonnets were not in their prime and probably due to the heat and lack of rain, they were starting to disappear.  The evidence of people who had come before us was still very visible in the flattened mounds of the flowers.  This made me sad and we tried to leave as little impression among the blooms as possible while we were there.  There's nothing more unfortunate than getting to a site and realizing people were not as considerate as they could have been with the fragile flower and thinking about the people who would come after them to photograph the same scenery.  I feel blessed to have even gotten these great pics I post now. I hope to see many more in my area next year, but if there aren't, I'm sure I will be making a trip out to Brenham.

No comments:

Post a Comment